Mt Pleasant Animal Hospital Receives Award
Mount Pleasant Mayor Billy Swails recently presented an award to Mount Pleasant Animal Hospital. The award was from the Mayor and the Town Council in appreciation of over 50 years in business and continual contribution to the Mount Pleasant business community. Receiving the award were Dr. Kevin Shuler and retired Dr. KC Shuler.
The 50 years started when the late Dr. J.O. Shuler opened Mount Pleasant Animal Hospital in 1959. MPAH was the first full time veterinary hospital in the town of Mt. Pleasant. It had the first X-ray machine “East of the Cooper” and was used in emergencies for both people and pets. In 1968 Kenneth (K.C.) Shuler joined his uncle J.O. in practice. KC’s son Kevin and his wife Laura joined the practice following their graduations from Veterinary School and took the helm after Dr. K.C. retired in 2005.