We'll Make a Difference
As a family, the Shulers have a long history of supporting their community by providing quality veterinary care. Request Appointment
In 1953 Dr. Lanier Shuler, an Auburn graduate, started it all by opening his clinic in St. George, SC to provide services for small and large animals. His son, Glenn Shuler, joined him in practice in 1984 after graduating from Georgia.
The late Dr. J.O. Shuler opened Mt. Pleasant Animal Hospital in 1959 after graduating from Georgia. His was the first full time veterinary hospital in the town of Mt. Pleasant! J.O. had the first X-Ray machine “East of the Cooper” and it was used in emergencies for both people and pets!
In 1968 Kenneth (K.C.) Shuler joined his uncle J.O. in practice. K.C. Shuler, a Georgia graduate, expanded the business by building Shuler Veterinary Clinic, also in Mt. Pleasant, in 1992. It was a good thing he did too, because his two sons, Kenneth Jr. and Kevin and their wives all became veterinarians. Kenneth and Heather Shuler, both Georgia graduates, own a practice in Santee, SC. Kevin and Laura Shuler and Dr. Marian Shuler Holladay practice here in Mt. Pleasant at our two locations.
After Dr. K.C. Shuler retired in 2005, Drs. Kevin and Laura, both Tuskegee University graduates, took over both Mount Pleasant Animal Hospital and Shuler Veterinary Clinic. In the spring of 2005 cousin Dr. Marian Shuler Holladay, a Georgia graduate, came in to run Shuler Veterinary Clinic. We have continued expanding the businesses and in 2006 the new Mount Pleasant Animal Hospital opened near the original building.
As the businesses grew we added our most recent veterinarian to our staff, Dr. Andrew Epplesheimer. He joined our team in the summer of 2016. Andrew is another homegrown Mt. Pleasant native who has returned home to build a career and family with us!